Opening hours: Mon - Sat 10:00 - 06:30

PR Visa For Parents

The Canada Parents & Grandparents PR Visa will allow your parents and grandparents to enjoy life in Canada. In order to be considered for the parents and grandparents program, you had to submit two applications:

  • Application for sponsorship and
  • Application for Canada permanent residence

If both applications are accepted, you’ll sign an undertaking that goes into effect on the day the person you’re sponsoring (and their family members, if applicable) become Canadian Permanent Residence.

Who is Eligible to Sponsor a Parent or Grandparent?

Sponsoring your own parents and grandparents is possible if you qualify:

  • You should be 18 years of age or older in order to sponsor your parents or grandparents.
  • You reside in Canada.
  • You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or Indian registered under the Canadian Indian Act in Canada.
  • You should have a sufficient amount of money to support the people you wish to sponsor.
  • You’ll need to provide proof of your income to show you have enough.
  • If you want to combine your income with someone else, you can ask your spouse or common-law partner to co-sign, and
  • In addition, you meet all other requirements set forth in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations.

If you live outside of Quebec

As a sponsor, it will be your prime responsibility to support your parents or grandparents financially. For this, you need to submit an undertaking.

As per the undertaking, you:

  • Will assist your sponsored family members financially for a period of 20 years, beginning with the day they become lawful permanent residents in Canada.
  • Will pay back any provincial social assistance (government funds) that your sponsored family members received at the time.
  • Additionally, during the endeavor period, you and the sponsored family members must agree to certain obligations. This is known as the sponsorship agreement.

Here the “sponsorship agreement” means that

  • You will fulfill the basic needs of your sponsored family member/s, including food, clothing, utilities, personal requirements, shelter, fuel, household supplies, and medical services not covered by government health insurance, such as vision and dental care.
  • The person you sponsor will work tirelessly to sustain themselves and their loved ones.

Even if the following occurs, this Agreement remains in effect, and You Must Continue to Provide for Basic Needs for the Period It Covers.

  • Marriage ending, separation, or divorce
  • Family rifts
  • Unemployment
  • Change in finances
  • The primary applicant’s passing, if you are also funding their family members.

You must fill up and sign a paper that includes the sponsorship agreement and the undertaking when you apply.

Whom you can Sponsor?

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if they are connected to you by blood or adoption.

  • You need to submit two applications if the person you are sponsoring i.e. your parents or grandparents are divorced.
  • If they have an active spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, their partners will also be considered dependents in the application and, if approved, will be allowed to immigrate to Canada with their parents and grandparents.
  • Your siblings, half-siblings, stepbrothers, and stepsisters may only be listed in the application if they match the requirements for dependent children.
  • You must meet the income requirements in order to sponsor everyone you like, including their dependents. (Spouse, partner, and children).

Those whom you sponsor must also be qualified.

  • Medical tests
  • Police records, and
  • Biometrics

Whom you can’t Sponsor?

  • You cannot sponsor: Your spouse’s grandparents or parents. (Your in-laws), but you can co-sign your in-laws’ application.
  • You cannot sponsor a person who is inadmissible to Canada (not allowed to come to Canada)

How to apply for Canadian Parents and Grandparents Visa?

There are two applications that you need to submit online at the same time when you are sponsoring your parents and grandparents.

These are:

  • You have to submit an application to be a sponsor, and
  • Your grandparents and parents must apply for Canada Permanent Residence

What are the required Documents for Parents’ and Grandparents’ visas?

Mentioned below are the documents required for Canada Parents and Grandparents Visa:

Sponsors must download and complete these PDF forms

  • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement, and Undertaking
  • Invitation letter for parents and grandparents to apply
  • Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
  • Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents, if this applies.
  • Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, if this applies.

If you sponsor a person (principal applicant), he or she will

  • Upload the forms to their online application
  • Electronically sign the entire application, including for their family members

Forms for the person being sponsored (principal applicant)

The person being sponsored must fill out these digital forms online

  • Generic Application Form for Canada
  • Schedule A – Background/Declaration
  • Additional Family Information

Supporting Documents

Sponsor and Co-signer (if any) must present any one of the following documents:

  • PR Card / Confirmation of PR
  • Canadian Citizenship Certificate or PR Card
  • Canadian Birth Certificate
  • Canadian Passport
  • Secure certificate of Indian Status
  • When you have a co-signer and they are your spouse, upload your marriage certificate
  • Proof of Principal applicant’s relationship to sponsor
  • Upload the travel documents or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependant.
  • Proof of principal applicant’s relationship to a spouse or common-law partner
  • A copy of the applicant’s dependent children’s birth certificate must be submitted
  • Curriculum Vitae /  Resume
  • Upload one recent photo of the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent

How to find out your citizenship status in Canada

In order to sponsor your parents or grandparents if you are a citizen of Canada, you must:

  • Your UCI, or client ID, number;
  • The day you became a Canadian citizen

What is Canada Parent and Grandparent Visa Fee?

The Canada Parent and Grandparent Visa Fee is CAD $1,205.

What is the Processing time for a Parents and Grandparents visa?

The Canada Parent and Grandparents Visa processing time is around 25 months.


Our Services

Permanent Residence Visa

This visa is for an individual and their dependent family members, granting them permanent residence in a specific country.

Read More

Tourist/ Visit Visa

This is an individual's permission to remain in a country for a specific period of time, granted under certain conditions.

Read More

Family Sponsorship Visa

This is a visa that permits the immediate family members of a permanent resident (PR) or citizen of a country to reside, work, and study.

Read More

Language Coaching

This is a visa that permits the immediate family members of a permanent resident (PR) or citizen of a country to reside, work, and study.

Read More

We Provide Service For These Countries

Australia logo


Australia logo


Australia logo


Australia logo

United States

Australia logo

United Kingdom

Australia logo


Australia logo


Australia logo