Québec is a predominantly French-speaking province in eastern Canada with two vibrant cities in its south, connected by the Chemin du Roy highway along the Saint Lawrence River. The metropolis of Montréal is named after Mt. Royal, the triple-peaked hill at its heart. Quebec is an important province for Canada as it adds richness to the life that an average Canadian would lead. The French-speaking community is also dominantly found in this province. The history of Quebec is intertwined with the French and the British Colonizers. The modern French-Canadian community is also unique to this part of the country. The official language of Quebec is French, and most retailers in the country predominantly use French as a method of communication. That being said, English is also widely spoken in the province. Thus, individuals wishing to immigrate to this province should always feel welcome.
Quebec has a special agreement with the government of Canada under which the provincial government has certain powers through which it can choose the individuals that it deems fit to immigrate to Quebec. To immigrate to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, an individual must apply to the Government of Quebec for a Quebec Selection Certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec) (CSQ). If the provincial government of Quebec has found the individual eligible and has sent them a CSQ, the individual must then apply through Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada for permanent residence. Individuals who hold a CSQ and/or have submitted an application for permanent residency to Canada, including the submission of police certificates, are eligible to apply for the Quebec-selected skilled worker’s program.
After receiving the application package, individuals must fill out the application with all the necessary and relevant information that will be asked for. After doing so, individuals will have to sign, print, and post the application to be received by the Canadian immigration office. There are serious consequences for misrepresentation of facts or purposefully holding back on information that the government of Canada has asked for. After completion of the application, individuals will be required to pay the fees of the application and also pay another fee for the biometric data that will need to be submitted at a later stage of the application process as well. Certain third-party fees may also be applicable, such as fees for medical examinations, police certificates, or assessment of one’s educational qualifications.
Once the individual’s application has been submitted, the Canadian immigration office will conduct background checks and verify the information that has been submitted on the application. If things are found to be in order, the individual may immigrate to Canada after going through another small set of formalities through the immigration check of the country.
As mentioned below, there are various different schemes that the provincial government of Quebec has come up with in order to aid the process of immigration, as mentioned below:
Quebec Skilled Worker Program
• Eligible candidates will have to submit an expression of interest through the Arrima portal, and all individuals will be required to portray a minimum level of skill and experience to be eligible to immigrate through this stream of immigration.
Quebec Experience Program
• Individuals are required to have work experience in Quebec. These individuals are also required to have proficient oral skills in the French language, and finally, the applicant will also be required to already be living in the province of Quebec.
Quebec Investor Program
• To apply through this program, individuals will have to already have a minimum of 2 million Canadian dollars in assets and the ability to invest at least 1.2 million dollars in a Quebec-based intermediary firm.
Quebec Entrepreneur Program
• Individuals will be required to have proficient language skills according to the Canadian language benchmark. They must be eligible and capable of investing in a Quebec-based business and also be able to handle and manage the business properly.
Quebec Self-employed Program
• Individuals who wish to apply through this stream of immigration will be required to have at least a net worth of 100,000 Canadian dollar assets to their name. They will also be required to have a minimum of 2 years worth of self employment experience in the field they wish to be self employed in.
Thus, individuals who are fluent in the French language can opt to immigrate to the province of Quebec and lead a life full of excitement as the province offers. The welcoming attitude of the population should also enhance the living experience of the individual who has opted to live there.
You can also send us your worries about Quebec at [email protected], and one of our experts will review your request and assist you in making the best decision possible. You can reach us via phone at +91-8595010514.
We’ll send you updates and special offers if you enter your email address.