On January 18, 2022, Alberta published the details of the first (1st) Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) draw of the year 2022, held on January 5, 2022.
The abovementioned draw was part of the Alberta Express Entry Stream. The draw’s requirements, which include the number of invites sent out and the required minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score, are as follows:
ALBERTA EXPRESS ENTRY STREAM
• Invitations Issued: 250
• Minimum CRS Score: 327
Alberta also released a list of occupations with a large volume of applications for this draw. These occupations are:
• NOC: 6311 – Foodservice supervisors
• NOC: 6211 – Retail sales supervisors
• NOC: 6322 – Cooks
• NOC: 0211 – Engineering managers
• NOC: 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
• NOC: 1241 – Administrative assistants
• NOC: 7511 – Transport truck drivers
• NOC: 1123 – Professional occupations in advertising, marketing, and public relations
• NOC: 2131 – Civil engineers
• NOC: 1221 – Administrative officers
As per the published information, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) set the limits for nominations the AINP can issue each year, and hence the total number of nomination certificates to be issued by the AINP for the year 2022 will be 6,250.
Furthermore, as of January 18, 2022, there are approximately 450 Alberta Opportunity Stream applications and 775 Expression of Interest (EOI) applications in the Alberta Express Entry pool on which a final decision is still pending.