Opening hours: Mon - Sat 10:00 - 06:30

Federal Skilled Trade Program

Express Entry is an online application system managed by the immigration department of the Government of Canada i.e. Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Through certain Economic Immigration Programs of Express Entry, IRCC selects and communicates with qualified and skilled workers and helps in fulfilling the labor market requirements of Canada.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) is one of the immigration programs managed by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) via the Express Entry System. This program is designed specifically for qualified skilled trade workers seeking permanent residence in Canada.

Note: Other Economic Immigration Programs Managed by Express Entry

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), and
  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

To apply for this program skilled workers must meet the minimum eligibility criteria, which include work experience, language proficiency, and education.

 Request a Call Back

Minimum Requirements

Work Experience​

Before submitting an application to IRCC, skilled workers must have at least two years of full-time paid work experience (or an equivalent amount of part-time work experience) in a Skilled Trade Profile (Skill Level “0,” “A,” or “B”).


  • Full-time Experience: 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week)
  • Part-time Experience: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Note: IRCC doesn’t count any hours above 30 hours/week, and it is mandatory for the Skilled workers to meet the job requirements of that skilled trade, as stated in National Occupational Classification, except for needing a certificate of qualification

It is mandatory for a skilled worker to have:

  • A valid job offer from a Canadian employer (full-time and paid) for at least one year, or
  • A certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial, territorial, or federal authority in Canada.

Language Proficiency Requirements

When it comes to immigration, language proficiency is critical. According to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the minimum score requirements for Express Entry’s Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) vary depending on the language module, i.e.,

  • For Listening, and Speaking: Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5
  • For Reading and Writing: Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4

 Calculate Your CRS

Education Requirement

If earned within Canada

If earned outside Canada

  • If the Skilled Workers attended qualification from school/ college outside of Canada, an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report from one of the ECA Designated Authorities, for the purpose of immigration is required.
  • ECA Report showing earned education is equal to a diploma/ degree from a Canadian secondary institution (high school) or post-secondary institution.


Our Services

Permanent Residence Visa

This visa is for an individual and their dependent family members, granting them permanent residence in a specific country.

Read More

Tourist/ Visit Visa

This is an individual's permission to remain in a country for a specific period of time, granted under certain conditions.

Read More

Family Sponsorship Visa

This is a visa that permits the immediate family members of a permanent resident (PR) or citizen of a country to reside, work, and study.

Read More

Language Coaching

This is a visa that permits the immediate family members of a permanent resident (PR) or citizen of a country to reside, work, and study.

Read More

We Provide Service For These Countries

Australia logo


Australia logo


Australia logo


Australia logo

United States

Australia logo

United Kingdom

Australia logo


Australia logo


Australia logo